Port Otago Group’s business comprises a regional container terminal, bulk port activities, cruise (on hold) and property investment and development. We service South Canterbury, Otago and Southland, working with customers to streamline their supply chains. Our culture is hands-on, safety focused and encourages continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Warehouse Manager will play a pivotal role in the leadership and development of up to 20 staff in our Dairy Warehouse Operations. The role will ensure the the delivery of safe operations to meet excellent customer service for best practice storage, receipt and delivery of product. You will also assist with the delivery of operational excellence, safety, and process improvements.
Key focuses will include ensuring high standards of health and safety in work practices, leading a strong culture of operational performance and accountability, safety and process improvements. Managing the effective utilisation of resources is also a focus.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
· A true passion for Health & Safety – you will need to lead your team to ensure a high level of Health and Safety culture
· Proven leadership experience in training and coaching teams bringing the best out of people
· A customer focused approach to business including both service and added value
· Proven skills to develop and continuously improve business systems
· Demonstrated ability to improve resource utilisation and utilise data for decision making
You must be able to pass Ministry of Justice, ACC checks and a medical which includes a drug and alcohol test as part of our recruitment process
Please ensure that you apply via our website to ensure our Port Otago Application form is completed: www.portotago.co.nz/careers