Port Otago is a major export hub of the lower South Island, providing a full range of port related services from its Port Chalmers and Dunedin facilities. The business is solid, has a safety-focused, practical culture and offers growth opportunities for people wanting to progress.
Things you should know about the job:
Our Maintenance team provides electrical & mechanical maintenance support within Port Otago, across a range of assets; diesel powered Heavy Mobile equipment, Ship to Shore Cranes and their associated lifting equipment, and a range of infrastructure and Marine assets. This is a unique and challenging opportunity for a qualified and technically capable Electrician to join this team on a Permanent full time basis.
This is an irregular-shift role working on a 5/7 basis within a team providing 24 hour technical support to Container Vessel operation activities based on shipping schedules.
You will have the following Key Attributes:
· Electrical Trade Certificate or National Certificate in Electrical Engineering (min level 4)
· NZ Registered with current Electricians Practicing License
· Extensive experience as an Industrial Electrician
· Siemens drive systems experience would be advantageous
· Competent in complex fault diagnosis using methodology approach techniques
· Ability to work unsupervised, and as a member of a team
· Demonstrate excellent verbal & written communication skills.
· Demonstrate experience & knowledge in using PLCs
· Knowledge of computerised systems. E.g. Windows, Maximo, CAD etc.
· Excellent safety record and commitment to Zero Harm
What’s in it for you?
In return, you can look forward to a competitive salary, a company which prides itself on ongoing Health and Wellness initiatives, and a collaborative work environment which encourages people to be as great as they can be.
You will also be entitled to five weeks annual leave per annum, comprehensive health insurance cover and the ability to have your superannuation matched after 6 months (7% subsidy).
Safety is our #1 priority and therefore preferred applicants will be required to have a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol tests. Port Otago also conducts random drug and alcohol tests on an on-going basis. Full Ministry of Justice Checks and ACC records will be conducted as part of the recruitment process.
Port Otago is proudly a Smokefree workplace.
How do I apply?
Apply directly via our Port Otago Careers Website: www.portotago.co.nz/careers